Help for Bleeding Hemorrhoids
People get hemorrhoids when they apply too much pressure to the veins in the anal area. This pressure can come from a variety of situations. These include standing or sitting for long periods, constipation and straining to pass stools during a bowel movement, excessive diarrhea, heavy lifting or pregnancy and childbirth.
- Hemorrhoids can be internal or external as well as both kinds can ooze fresh red blood.
- If you have hemorrhaging hemorrhoids you could see bright red bloodstream in your stools, on your mouthwash or in the bathroom basin.
- If your hemorrhoids are bleeding for a long time you ought to consult a doctor immediately.
- You may be bleeding for some other reason such as an anal fissure so you need to get expert advice.
- Always look for a doctor's care if you notice large amounts of rectal bleeding along with dizziness or faintness.
- Order to stop the flow of blood to the hemorrhoid and prevent bleeding you need to avoid straining when you are on the toilet.
- Straining puts unnecessary pressure on the sensitive blood vessels in your rectal area.
- The increased pressure causes them to stick out as well as at times bleed.
- Sitting or standing for a long periods causes hemorrhaging because when you sit or stand you are building up pressure.
- The more pressure you build up the more chance you will bleed.
- If you sit a lot make it a point to get up and walk around every 15 minutes or so.
- If you are on your feet all day take the time to be able to sit down and put your feet up.
When You Have Bleeding Hemorrhoids There are a Few Things You can Do to Stop the Bleeding
One is to wipe yourself with clean wet toilet paper. Wetting the paper makes it softer and a smaller amount abrasive. In addition to this, wipe yourself with pre-moistened wipes that you can buy at the pharmacy. Pre-moistened wipes that contain witch hazel are wonderful fro bleeding hemorrhoids because the witch hazel stops the bleeding right away.
Warm Bath Will Also Help With the Bleeding
Sitting in warm water helps enlarge blood vessels. This allows the flow of blood to move out of the hemorrhoid causing it to shrink. Other natural treatment options include creams, ointments & suppositories. You can read reviews and prices of these types of treatments at Health Watch Report.
How Hemorrhoids Affect Bowel Movements Medical Course
For Educational Use Only - Fair Use - Gastroenterologist and author of the best-selling books What s Your Poo Telling You and What s My Pee Telling Me Dr.