Home Remedies for Piles or Hemorrhoids
When we were children and all desperately clamoring to sit on the one radiator in our classroom our teacher would call us in order to order by informing us that we would give ourselves piles. This is nonsense actually because piles are basically caused by constipation, bad blood circulation, pregnancy, overeating on a low-fibre diet or any circumstance which causes pressure to be put on the veins around the anal passage creating a condition in which they will become swollen and twisted.
The major problem does seem to be constipation especially of the 'sit and strain' instead of the particular 'I will wait until I feel like it' variety. Whilst piles may not be due to sitting on heat I do wonder if they can be cured by the old way of sitting in iced water. The most recommended types of trying to rid yourself of piles are to eat a high-fibre diet with plenty of bran, take a vitamin B6 supplement, drink lots of water and include honey to be able to your diet (some people recommend it as an unguent).Walk whenever you can, every day.
Witch hazel Keep a bottle of witch hazel in the wine fridge and use it on a cotton wool compress.
- Garlic or marigold The old herbalists suggested a suppository of raw garlic cloves, the very thought of which makes me wince.
- Garlic oil, cream or skin salve are much more soothing as well as healing suggestions.
- Marigold oil or calendula cream are fragrant alternatives.
Natural Remedy for Hemorrhoids: Discover the 3 Most Effective and Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids
http://HemorrhoidsRevealed.com Natural Remedies For Hemorrhoids - Discover the 3 Most Effective & Natural Remedies For Hemorrhoids To start with, let's ...
Pilewort (lesser celandine) This very astringent little herb has been used for many years, as th name indicates, to cut back, shrink and soothe piles. A decoction made by simmering 40 g (1.5 oz) of pilewort in ' litre 9scant pint) of water until it is reduced by half can be applied on a warm compress to shrink the inflamed veins. Pilewort ointment is the favorite method of application and you can make your own by gathering the roots in the spring. Weigh next pound together. This mixture will be left to macerate for five days in a stone jar after which time it is actually gently heated, sprained and pressed through a cloth. Good home remedy for piles or hemorrhoids.
Bilberry, sloes or yarrow Decoction of any of these are astringent and may also be used on a compress to be able to much the same effect.
Blackberry Leaf Tea Drink this Tea to Help the Flow.
Roast figs, darling and thyme Popular as a paste regarding chilblains, this remedy was also popular as a cure for piles. You may draw the line at the other remedy recommended for both chilblains and piles of 1 tbsp. of honey and glycerin mixed to a fine paste with egg white and flour. Nonetheless I am certain that it works following one application. One of the good home remedies for piles or hemorrhoids.
- Essential oils Use 1 dessertspoon of olive oil or 1 drop of geranium oil in cold cream.
- Cypress oil in hot water can also be used as a soothing compress.
Alum and lard One teaspoon of powdered alum melted into 40g 91.5 oz0 of pure lard is yet another very old-fashioned remedy.
- Horse chestnut Suspend disbelief and carry one inside your pocket; since it hardens so will your piles diminish.
- Another popular belief was to hold a small bag of the main of wood avens around the neck.
- Why I do not know but some times these strange cures perform.
This is condition you probably won't hear your friends discussing at a holiday party ' but it's a good bet many of them have occasionally suffered from this problem. Hemorrhoids are very common. Doctors have estimated that about 20 five percent of all adults are certain to get these kinds of pesky irritants at one time or another.
- Hemorrhoids are veins in the anus, which, instead of moving blood effortlessly, acquire distended and filled with blood.
- When the blood doesn't flow, the veins gradually swell, like a water balloon.
- Eventually they will get large enough to make you very uncomfortable.
- Hemorrhoids usually occur when you strain to have a bowel movement.
- The increase pressure due to straining causes the particular veins to weaken, get flabby, and, then, to swell.
- Because hemorrhoids are filled with blood, you may notice blood in the toilet bowl.
- When you don't know what's leading to it, blood from that area can be very frightening indeed.
- The truth is, hemorrhoids are rarely serious, and will often go away on their own.
- If they are painful or itchy, however, you're going to want fast relief.
- Here are a few things that can help.
Call on the Witch
To relieve the itching and burning of hemorrhoids, doctors often recommend applying a little witch hazel. This will quickly cool the area so you feel more comfortable. For extra relief, some people cool the witch hazel first by storing it in the refrigerator.
Put Water to Operate
Perhaps the easiest home remedy for hemorrhoids is simply to sit in a warm bath several times a day. The warm water may help relax the anal muscle tissue and improve circulation, that may help hemorrhoids heal. Don't add bath oils or even salts to the water, however, because this may increase the irritation.
- Add some lubrication.
- Spreading a little petroleum jelly on hemorrhoids will help protect the tender skin.
- Many doctors believe it works as well as special hemorrhoids creams and ointments, and it's much less expensive.
Take Advantage of Fiber
Foods that are high in dietary fiber help to make the stools softer and easier to pass through. This is important because the less you strain to have a bowel movement, the less likely hemorrhoids are to make. A quick way to get more fiber is to pick up some psyllium at the drugstore. This particular natural ingredient can be found in items such as Metamucil, and it's an excellent way to be able to make softer stools.
Drink a Lot of Water
Your intestines need a lot of fluid to work smoothly and with a minimum of irritation. Drinking eight to twelve glasses of water a day will provide plenty of lubrication as well as make the stools softer and, therefore, easier to pass.
Cheek Your Weight
People who are overweight have a higher risk for hemorrhoids because the extra kilos exert more pressure on the anal location, making hemorrhoids more likely to form. In some instances, losing weight will cause your hemorrhoids to vanish, as well.