Injection Sclerotherapy for Hemorrhoid
According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), about half of Americans aged 50 years and above experience signs of hemorrhoids or piles. The disorder is characterized by soreness, itching, and bleeding in the anus or lower rectum. It can be caused by painful veins which swell. It is grouped into two kinds. It is an internal hemorrhoid if the inflamed veins are inside the rectum. It is external if it is under the skin that surrounds the anus. One who has this condition can take over the counter medicine, undergo a surgical procedure or try a non-surgical approach such as injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid.
- Sclerotherapy is only one of the non-surgical treatments for hemorrhoid.
- In fact, it is one of the oldest strategies used for managing treatment plans.
- Other non-surgical treatment options include rubber band ligation, cryotherapy and heat coagulation.
- With this approach, the medical practitioner would inject phenol or quinine urea in liquid form.
- They are the ones referred to as the sclerosants.
- Their main goal is to get rid of the long-period but mild inflammation.
- The patients are usually requested in order to defecate just before injecting the particular sclerosants.
- Defecating right after the treatment is actually strongly discouraged because it may reduce treatment's usefulness.
- The area to be handled is usually lubricated and pain killer may be given.
The Sclerosants Must be Shot to the Hemorrhoids' Base
It is not entirely pain-free but the pain is experienced much shorter than the one experienced after a surgical procedure. This hemorrhoid management technique usually requires only a day for the pain to go away. It is really an outpatient procedure but most doctors recommend that you have someone come with you and drive you home.
- One of the benefits of this injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid is the results are quick even if it is less expensive than other treatments.
- The redness would subside fast.
- One can see results at least a week after the fluids are injected.
- The hemorrhoids will come out of the body with the normal bowel movement, which must be pain and blood-free.
Another Good Thing about this Therapy is that It is Non-Invasive
This is why it is one of the most recommended to seniors suffering from the said disorder. Unlike surgical procedures, inserting liquids to the veins does not require significantly strength and also excellent health.
Of Course, Any Treatment Has Its Downside
In the case of sclerotherapy, one may develop scars in the affected area when the inflammation is actually treated. Moreover, the medical practitioners limit the treatment to only three hemorrhoids per sessions. It can not be used for very large inflamed blood vessels or third degree piles, too. In addition to that the injected phenol is less effective on large piles, there is also a danger for blood clots. Another downside is that the benefits of this treatment are not permanent. The condition may come back after a year or so.
Piles Treatment Information For You A common misconception about piles is that they are actual pieces of hardened stool. It s impossible to find the best cure if you are not clear about what they actually are. Your piles treatment will have to attack them at their particular root...
- Additionally, the injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids may be great for the elderly suffering from piles but it is not for everyone.
- It can't be employed to those who have additional inflammatory bowel conditions such as the ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
To understand other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
http://www.lnk123.com/SHOa9 - The best way to get rid of hemorrhoids once and for all. I couldn't find anything better. Hi! I'm robo-Suzie and today I'll talk to you ...
For French visit http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com Regarding Italian go to http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
For German Go to Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.